The ASA's Strategic Intent 2018–2020 sets a clear direction for the Association's future. It outlines the work we will undertake to support the sonography profession and ensure the highest possible professional standards.
To lead the sonography profession in delivering excellence in ultrasound for the community.
To ensure a sonographer is known as the expert in ultrasound across the community.
- Promote and advance the sonography profession
- Enhance the quality and standards of ultrasound
- Provide and support the highest quality professional development and research
- Deliver exceptional member value and organisational excellence.
ASA Board governance
- Governance Committee
- Finance and Risk Committee.
The ASA's Board of Directors consists of:
- Up to seven member Directors who are elected by members
- Three Non-Executive Directors with complementary skill sets who are appointed by the Board.
The Board of Directors also appoints the President and Vice-President. Director terms are for three years, with a maximum of three successive terms.
2019 – present Ian Schroen
2017– 2019 Jennifer Alphonse
2015–2017 Tony Forshaw
2014–2015 Ann Quinton
2012–2014 Cain Brockley
2009–2012 Faye Temple
2006–2009 Andrew Wilmot
2003–2006 Robyn Tantau
2002–2003 Cara Kirsten
2001–2002 Rowan Lambert
2000–2001 Greg Lammers
1998–2000 Jenny Parkes
1996–1998 Rob McGregor
1992–1996 Andrew Martin