COVID and Events
Due to changing COVID restrictions, delivery of events can change at very short notice. We assure you that if you have registered for an event and it is postponed you will be notified as soon as possible and offered a refund, or cost transfer to the rescheduled event.
Also, with social distancing in place we are not able to offer the same capacity at events as we normally would. We are working towards a solution where the same event may be held on a number of occasions to satisfy demand. Thank-you for your patience.
If you have already registered or looking to register for any upcoming events, please reconsider your attendance if you have experienced any of the following in the 14 days prior to the event:
- Have you been unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms including: fevers, cough, vomiting, diarrhoea, night sweats or chills, or acute respiratory infection including cough shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you travelled to an identified hotspot, returned from overseas or from a cruise in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed, or suspected case of COVID-19
For events that are now open to members the following restrictions apply:
Attendees must be registered for the event through the ASA
Do not attend if unwell.
Do not attend if in self-isolation period.
Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
Do not make unnecessary physical contact with others. Avoid physical greetings, such as handshakes, hugs and kisses.
Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
Minimise touching of surfaces.
Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser on entering an event.
Frequently wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser during the event.
Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Use a flexed elbow or a tissue; if you use a tissue, dispose of it immediately and appropriately.
Clean up after yourself by placing rubbish in bins provided and avoiding putting items such as phones on meal surfaces etc.
Please note- event restrictions and requirements can change very quickly and the ASA will inform you of any changes prior to the event via email or text message.
The ASA Newcastle branch invites all sonographers interested in vascular ultrasound to our annual Vascular case study meeting at the Royal Newcastle Centre, at John Hunter Hospital.
This meeting has grown in popularity over the last 5 years and covers all aspects of arterial and venous pathology and scanning.
Proudly sponsored by Canon Medical Systems.
- 10-15 minute case study presentations
- Opportunity for discussion of presentations
- Ensure that patient ID is removed from images and clips
- Presentations should be uploaded to a USB and it is recommended that images are also uploaded to a separate device in case of any issues
- Please arrive a few minutes early in order for your presentation to be uploaded and checked
If you are interested in presenting - please email your interesting case topic and any direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warren Lewis is coordinating the Vascular meeting and encourages all sonographers to register for the meeting on the ASA website.
Earn valuable CPD points for presenting an interesting case
10 PD-asa points = 10 ASAR credits
Members and non-members welcome